Power, Resistance, and Leadership – CANCELED
June 23-26, 2020
The Rare Books and Manuscripts Section (RBMS) of the Association of College & Research Libraries is for people who work with rare books, manuscripts, and other types of special collections.
Follow along and join the conversation on social media using the official hashtag: #RBMS20!
COVID-19 Information – RBMS 2020 Conference CANCELED
March 25, 2020
We regret that RBMS must cancel the RBMS 2020 Conference at Indiana University, Bloomington because of the serious health risks posed by COVID-19. We are truly grateful for all of the interest and support for what would have been another terrific RBMS conference and will be working with conference registrants directly over the coming weeks. RBMS will also be working on ways we can possibly re-arrange and refresh content in coming years and very much look forward to the days when our RBMS community can safely gather again.
REFUNDS: Registrants can expect a full refund of conference fees paid. Due to lack of capacity at ALA due to COVID-19, refunds will take longer than usual to process. We appreciate your patience and understanding in these difficult circumstances.
Please visit the ALA pandemic preparedness resource page for more information about how libraries can be community partners in response.
Conference Core Values
The RBMS 2020 conference is committed to the following core values:
- To create a supportive and challenging environment that
- fosters respectful dialogue, reflection, and growth
- empowers participants to voice their concerns and perspectives
- encourages participants to learn from mistakes
- To build consciousness around issues of power and to decenter privilege in all its forms.
- To minimize the environmental impact of this conference and to reduce our profession’s contributions to the climate crisis.
- To work toward a fully accessible conference.
All participants are expected to uphold the ALA Statement of Appropriate Conduct.