by RBMS20 Conference Program Planning Papers Subcommittee
Gabrielle Dudley, moderator for RBMS18 Plenary 2 and Bright Young Librarian, February 2019 (photo: RBMS Shutterbugs, New Orleans 2018)
Welcome, from the Papers Subcommittee!
We have selected seven thoughtful and engaging panel presentations that will illuminate this year’s conference theme of Power, Resistance, and Leadership. Through lightning talks, paper, and panel presentations, your colleagues will explore biases and subjectivity in cataloging and metadata work, partnerships with students and the community, and stewardship of donor relationships. The presenters will introduce you to pedagogical practices focused on materiality, outreach stories of marginalized communities, and welcoming spaces for users.
The following are panel titles to look forward to at RBMS20:
- Mitigating Pejorative Terminology in Description Standards
- The Power of Partnerships to Uncover Hidden Stories
- Implementing Programmatic Anti-Racist (Re)Description at Predominately White Institutions
- Power, Resistance, and Donor Relations
- Beyond Manuscripts: Teaching with Special formats in Special Collections
- Stories from the margins: Inspiring Social Justice Activism and Empowerment within Marginalized Communities through Exhibits and Programming.
- Beyond the Vault: Building Communities and Collections through Innovations
We look forward to seeing you this June in Bloomington!
Papers Subcommittee Members:
Petrina Jackson, Chair